Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Patriotic Wreath



The Fourth of July will be here before you know it, and my front door is all decked out to celebrate!  I suppose I was also influenced to get started on some patriotic decor by seeing all of the great projects on Pinterest lately.  And the 50% July 4th products at Hobby Lobby didn't hurt!  So...I decided to make a wreath.


This wreath could not have been simpler to make.  I started with a straw wreath form (left in the plastic) and this fun red, white and blue ribbon.  In order to keep the stripes somewhat lined up, I cut the ribbon into lengths that would wrap around the wreath with a little extra to fold over.  I fastened each piece of ribbon with a pin.



Once I finished wrapping the wreath, I turned my foam stars into pins.  I made little wells in the back of the stars with scissors, filled with hot glue and fit straight pins into the wells.  Voila - cute little star pins!

Then it was time to place the star pins in different places on the wreath.  I decided to go with groups of 3.

I tied a piece of white grosgrain ribbon to the top, and fastened it in place with another pin.


I tied the ribbon to the hook on my front door, and now I have a little patriotic festivity on my porch.



Have you put up any Fourth of July decorations yet?

Cheers!
Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your tutorial ... i also like to do this types of custom pins.

    ReplyDelete