Saturday, May 7, 2011

Bathroom Blues

I have lived in my current home for almost 2 1/2 years.  There are many things that I love about this house, but initially, the downstairs bathroom wasn't one of them.  The previous owner painted a total of 2 rooms in this house, and let me tell you, his painting skills left a lot to be desired.  His paint color choices weren't that stellar, either.  In this tiny bathroom, with no windows and only one light fixture, he chose to go with a deep forest green semi-gloss.


This picture doesn't do justice to the cave-like feel of this bathroom, but it's the only "before" shot that I have.  It didn't take long for me to start going through paint chips to select a new color.  I finally decided on Behr's Frost Wind.


Ah...it's like a breath of fresh air!


I love this bathroom now!  I painted the entire thing, trim and all, in one day.  I used the Behr Premium Plus Ultra for the first time.  (This is the one that is a dual paint and primer.)  Would you believe that I was able to cover that horrid dark green in only 2 coats?  True story.  This bathroom is no longer a cave and I could not be more pleased with the light, fresh color.


I still want to recover the boxes on this little shelf.


I found these towels at T.J. Maxx and was thrilled with how they complemented the wall color.


The frames were very inexpensive clearance items.  I sprayed them in a glossy black to unify them.

I found the mats on clearance at a craft store.  The outer mats were some other color, so I painted them with the wall color.


The prints are all pictures that I took on trips to France.


Do you like my artsy mirror shot here?


It's amazing what a difference a one-gallon can of paint can make!  And...this little project has served as a springboard for me to tackle other rooms around the house.  I'm looking forward to sharing them here on Handmade Homebody.

Cheers!
Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Gosh...what a change a little paint made.
    I like the way your pictures look above the towel bar. Can't wait to see what you tackle next.

    ReplyDelete